During one of the longer runs I had this week, I had to step off the path to get around a slow walker who was hunched over their cellphone and it occurred to me that during this time of year, Santa is probably double-checking his list. You know the one. I figured if he gets a list, I could have one too!
Here's who is on this runner's "Naughty" list:
- People standing around in groups on the sidewalk waiting for a bus and NO ONE moves to let the runner through
- People who ask me why I pay money to run races when I could just run for free any time
- People who ask me why I need another pair of running shoes
- The guy walking in the MIDDLE of the sidewalk
- The couple who walks their dog off-leash - from one dog owner to another. No.
- That girl running at night with no reflective gear and both earphones in. C'mon, now!
- That guy who passes me walking...while I'm running.
- That lady who picks the treadmill RIGHT BESIDE mine when there are 15 other free ones
- That same lady who is clearly trying to race me or outrun me (Boom. I won.)
- People who ask me why I don't just run faster (sorry, grandma, that's you!)
- That guy who almost hit me with his pickup truck while I was wearing all my reflective and LED gear
- That person who totally didn't wipe down their treadmill after sweating all over it. Gross. Yeah, I saw you
- The people who don't shovel their sidewalks
- The people who don't salt their sidewalks
- The people who don't pick up their dog's crap - especially near the sidewalks
- The people turning right on a red light right in front of me
- The people pulling out in their cars and stopping right in front of me
- Uncool running groups who leave people behind
- People walking in the jog/run lane at the track
- The huge groups of people who walk/chat together and block all the lanes on the track
Instead of lumps of coal, I mentally send you my old, stinky running shoes - pre-Skora Running. You don't even deserve my oldest pair of those.
Anybody on your list?